PBA Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our game!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poll
2009 Rookie of the Year bet?
Chris Lutz
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_vote_lcap100%RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
Allein Maliksi
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_vote_lcap0%RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chris Ross
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_vote_lcap0%RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rico Maierhoffer
 0% [ 0 ]
Marcy Arellano
 0% [ 0 ]
Jervy Cruz
 0% [ 0 ]
David Pennisi
 0% [ 0 ]
Josh Urbiztondo
 0% [ 0 ]
Others
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Latest topics
» Alaska Aces Official Roster
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 17:58:46 by bktchj

» NBA All-Star Game
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb - 18:52:59 by bktchj

» Pre-Season Sim 3 Result
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Feb - 13:24:28 by tikmoy

» Pre-Season Sim 3
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan - 2:39:00 by rh0xxy

» Pre-Season Sim 2 Result
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan - 11:39:33 by ranger

» Pre-Season Sim 2
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 20:15:46 by jElmEr

» Pre-Season Sim 1 Result
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 15:39:57 by bktchj

» Pre-Season Sim 1
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan - 20:05:24 by jElmEr

» FA Days 17-20 Result
RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jan - 15:42:32 by tikmoy

League File
Schedules & Scores
Team Standings
League Leaders
Free Agent Pool
Coach Pool
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this month
No user

RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jElmEr

jElmEr

RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start Empty
PostSubject: RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start   RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct - 20:57:39

RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start Sports2newf

Balagtas , Bulacan - The NLEX RoadWarriors fired coach Boyet Fernandez on Wednesday after an PBAsim-worst 0-12 start.

Fernandez who had it best year in Sta. Lucia Realtors and guided the Realtors to its first-ever and only PBAsim title, winning the PBAsim Philippine Cup. For this, he was named PBAsim Coach of the Year. Philip Cezar was selected to be the interim coach.

GM jhelmer announced the move, calling Fernandez a great coach and friend.

"We just felt it was time to make a change and move in a different direction based on our record and future goals. We wish Boyet the best in his future endeavors," GM jhelmer said in a statement.

The change was made after the RoadWarriors 86-79 home loss to Powerade on Wednesday night, the fifth straight home defeat and  12th games this season for RoadWarriors.

"In your own homecourt, you're getting booed and yelled at from your own fans," Norwood said after the loss. "It's just hard. There's too many defensive breakdowns right now, and too many easy layups right now. The whole thing is getting to our head, and it's affecting on every aspect of the game."

The RoadWarriors started on a youth movement this season, getting versatile guard/forward rookie Gabe Norwood, Jonas Villanueva and Ryan Araña for a more up-tempo pace. Traded veteran Rob Parker and Gec Chia.

"Philip is going to be our head coach," GM jhelmer told Bobones.com's Snowy. "He has a brilliant basketball mind. He has a great rapport individually with the team and he's a tough guy."

GM jhelmer said that the appointment would be on an interim basis until the end of the season.

Cezar, whose first game as head coach will be Thursday at home against Talk n' Text. He has never been a head coach in the PBAsim, but he was head coach of the San Juan Knights in the now defunct Metropolitan Basketball Association.
Back to top Go down
rh0xxy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start   RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeThu 2 Oct - 3:27:43

NLEX badly need changes, it's a shame it had be on the Coaching end. Boyet is a capable coach but it seems his style doesn't fit well with the composition of the team. Hopefully the hiring of Cezar works well for you. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://pbasimleague.forumtl.com
kville

kville

PostSubject: Re: RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start   RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitimeSat 4 Oct - 10:39:55

Nicely written, too..

Yeah it's a shame they had to do this..
Philip Cezar looks more intimidating as their head coach though Very Happy

(and yes, find that first win fast.. or the record will begin its own discussion hehe)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start   RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RoadWarriors fire Fernandez after disastrous 0-12 start
Page 1 of 1