PBA Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our game!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poll
2009 Rookie of the Year bet?
Chris Lutz
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_vote_lcap100%ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
Allein Maliksi
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_vote_lcap0%ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chris Ross
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_vote_lcap0%ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rico Maierhoffer
 0% [ 0 ]
Marcy Arellano
 0% [ 0 ]
Jervy Cruz
 0% [ 0 ]
David Pennisi
 0% [ 0 ]
Josh Urbiztondo
 0% [ 0 ]
Others
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Latest topics
» Alaska Aces Official Roster
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 17:58:46 by bktchj

» NBA All-Star Game
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb - 18:52:59 by bktchj

» Pre-Season Sim 3 Result
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Feb - 13:24:28 by tikmoy

» Pre-Season Sim 3
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan - 2:39:00 by rh0xxy

» Pre-Season Sim 2 Result
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan - 11:39:33 by ranger

» Pre-Season Sim 2
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 20:15:46 by jElmEr

» Pre-Season Sim 1 Result
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 15:39:57 by bktchj

» Pre-Season Sim 1
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan - 20:05:24 by jElmEr

» FA Days 17-20 Result
ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jan - 15:42:32 by tikmoy

League File
Schedules & Scores
Team Standings
League Leaders
Free Agent Pool
Coach Pool
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this month
No user

ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bktchj

bktchj

ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS Empty
PostSubject: ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS   ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov - 16:41:33

ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS 24odibt

ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS

The 2008 PBASim playoffs has again created another unexpected turn of events especially in the North Conference, as underdogs KIA Sorentos and Alaska Aces have successfully swept through the 1st round against their respective counterparts; the Burger King Whoopers and Barako Bull Energy Cola.

"We worked hard to get to this position. I told my boys at the start of the series to treat every game like its Game 7 do-or-die. And I think it paid off tonight.", said by an exuberant Yeng Guiao after a 111-99 win to end series against Barako.

Alaska has been a breakout team throughout the season ever since their acquisition of Kelly Williams from KIA in exchange for the Aces' 1st round draft pick Cyrus Baguio. Williams, together with spitfire guard Peter June Simon, has helped the team lock its position in the top 4 and even flirted on the number 1 spot for some time. It was at the latter part of the season where Alaska rolled past KIA for the third place.

"This is a team effort, really. PJ (Simon), Tony, Warren even guys like Sam (Eman) and Dennis (Daa) have put their effort not just tonight but all throughout the season and of course with the guidance of Coach Yeng. Without him we couldn't do this." said Williams who amassed 17pts. and 12rebs in Game 4.

The fourth placed KIA Sorentos meanwhile has been mixing up its roster through a series of trades within the season but has finally found the final piece to the puzzle by acquiring bigman Enrico Villanueva from the Powerade Tigers for Topex Robinson and a draft pick.

GM Jek Melendres - the architect of putting up a talented KIA roster - was on hand to witness its Game 4 triumph, 108-98 against the heavily-favored, top seeded Burger King Whoopers.

"Well what can I say, I'm happy with our achievement and hopefully magtuloy-tuloy and get a chance to compete for the title again. Hindi sa nagbubuhat ako ng sariling bangko but I've been hearing a lot from our supporters na mag 3-peat daw kami. Sabi ko mahirap 'yan pero susubukan namin ang makakaya namin (laughs)", mentioned by GM Melendres in the post-game interview.

Before the current season started, it was GM Melendres' team,  who won the last two PBASim championships before the league folded and went on a hiatus, so technically they are gunning for a three-peat.

Gary David and Larry Fonacier led the Sorentos, scored 29 and 26 respectively while Jondan Salvador (10pts, 10rebs) and Enrico Villanueva (11pts, 12rebs) both had a double-double. Jonas Villanueva was 1 assist shy of achieving a double-double too, with 25 points and 9 assists. Barako Bull on the other hand was led by the league's third leading scorer Mark Caguioa with 29 points. But even with The Spark's explosion was not enough to beat the teamwork of KIA.

Asked about its upcoming matchup against Alaska, GM Melendres replied with a smile; "Ron (Alaska GM) is my friend and has also put up a great team. But galit-galit na muna siguro kami ngayon (laughs). But again, Mr. Uy is my good friend, he is a gentleman and a professional and I don't think he will take this personally, so do I."

GM Ron Dexter Uy of the Alaska Aces was also happy upon knowing the result that his team won past Barako. He is currently out of the country to attend business matters but we were able to interview him over the phone: "This was the plan, to get past the first round regardless who we face. The sweep was just I guess, a bonus. Everybody in the organization did its job. There is still a lot of work to do, kakalabanin pa namin ang KIA then the Finals kung papalarin. I expect that this will be a good matchup and the fans would be very excited about this."

Entering in to the conference finals, expect that Alaska will once again be led by Kelly Williams and Peter June Simon in terms scoring. Also ready to shoot the lights out are William Antonio, Dennis Daa, Kelvin Gregorio and Warren Ibañez. Helping Williams in the post are starting center Don Allado, Samigue Eman, John Ferriols and Allan Gamboa. However, the Aces lost the sweet shooting Jojo Duncil to injury and is doubtful to play come Game 1 of the conference finals.

The KIA Sorentos on the other hand boasts a deep, tall and talented lineup. Gary David – dubbed as El Granada – would carry the torch for the Sorentos along with Larry Fonacier, who also possess a shooting touch from the perimeter. Bigmen Enrico Villanueva and Jondan Salvador would be patrolling the shaded area and also to join the party underneath are JR Quiñahan, Gilbert Lao and “The Rock” Asi Taulava, while Jonas Villanueva and Reed Juntilla are tasked to handle the ball for coach Joel Banal.

“We all have noticed that Alaska has a fast paced offense so running with them on both ends might be futile for us. Our players would run out of gas kung makikipagsabayan kami. We’ll try to use our height advantage and we’ll see it from there. Me and my coaching staff would evaluate the matchups and later come up with a better strategy. Sa ngayon ýan ang perception ko.”, said KIA head coach Joel Banal.
Back to top Go down
rh0xxy
Admin

ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS   ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov - 0:50:44

Nice one ronster!

eto yung mga nami-miss kong basahin eh, yung mga tipong pagsisimulan ng magandang diskusyon...yung iba dyan comment comment din pag may time. Yung mga opinyon nyo dyan pwede nyo namang ilabas hehe

To the topic itself, even i was surprised to see Alaska sweeping Barako Bull. Di ko akalain na matatalo si Jepoy dito much more by a sweep. Jepoy is a very good GM, at napatunayan na nya yan dati pa. Actually, without him i don't see this Barako team making the Playoffs. But kudos to Ronster for achieving what is deem impossible even with a home court disadvantage.

And onto the clash against KIA. I think KIA has the edge roster wise pero may home court advantage ata ang Alaska dito so di natin masabi kung anong mangyayari dito. One thing is certain though, magandang series to. May the best team win!
Back to top Go down
https://pbasimleague.forumtl.com
bktchj

bktchj

PostSubject: Re: ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS   ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov - 1:50:22

rh0xxy wrote:
Nice one ronster!

eto yung mga nami-miss kong basahin eh, yung mga tipong pagsisimulan ng magandang diskusyon...yung iba dyan comment comment din pag may time. Yung mga opinyon nyo dyan pwede nyo namang ilabas hehe

To the topic itself, even i was surprised to see Alaska sweeping Barako Bull. Di ko akalain na matatalo si Jepoy dito much more by a sweep. Jepoy is a very good GM, at napatunayan na nya yan dati pa. Actually, without him i don't see this Barako team making the Playoffs. But kudos to Ronster for achieving what is deem impossible even with a home court disadvantage.

And onto the clash against KIA. I think KIA has the edge roster wise pero may home court advantage ata ang Alaska dito so di natin masabi kung anong mangyayari dito. One thing is certain though, magandang series to. May the best team win!

I thought kakainin talaga kami ng buhay ng Barako Bull, and getting at least a win in the series might be respectable for Alaska. But a sweep? Nobody expected it.
Back to top Go down
DefendingChamps

DefendingChamps

PostSubject: Re: ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS   ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov - 2:08:12

even me i was really afraid of facing barako especially that macmac cardona is back and that is the reason why we slide down from no. 2 to no.4 because i really wanna avoid barako.
on the contrary  facing the burger king whooper in the playoffs is something that i really
wanted because i know that we can beat them eventhough they have that homecourt advantage still,
i am still confident because during the elimination it is the Kia team who snapped their 13 and 17 game winning streak and the very first team to handle them
their first home loss of the season. 

KIA's mission is to win at least 2 (one in the conference finals and 1 in the finals) more wins on the road
for us to have a shot at winning the title. KIA is also shooting to become the first team with the lowest seed to win the title. hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
bktchj

bktchj

PostSubject: Re: ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS   ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov - 2:21:20

eh parehas pala tayung iniiwasan ang Barako eh hahaha. talo kasi ako sa season series ko kay jeff
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS   ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov - 4:11:58

Even match ang series na to, and jek hindi naman underdog team mo eh hehehe
Back to top Go down
bktchj

bktchj

PostSubject: Re: ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS   ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov - 4:48:47

KIA and Alaska are tied at 3-3 with their season series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS   ROAD TO GLORY: ALASKA ACES TO FACE THE KIA SORENTOS IN THE NORTH CONFERENCE FINALS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1